My style of teaching is highly personal. I believe that each of us has a unique voice and it deserves to be unleashed and heard in all its glory! I work with all levels, from beginner to professional, and help each student move forward in their relationship with their own voice. Each lesson is tailor-made for the individual student. As a professional singer and actress I believe singing to be just as much an emotional exploration as a technical one, and I aim to help my students find the joyful balance of the two. If you are not located in the New York area, we can discuss doing lessons via FaceTime or Skype. Some of the things we work on include:
- efficient warm-ups to help you quickly get your voice aligned and ready to SING!
- physical warm-ups to release tension and enhance relaxation while singing
- focusing of your voice to create optimal and effortless sound
- making singing FUN… actually A TOTAL BLAST!
- versatility—being able to easily sing multiple styles (you want to be able to sing an aria AND belt?! I got you.)
- basic music theory
- acting through a song
I have a degree in vocal performance from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and have been working as a professional singer and actress in the New York and Broadway community for fifteen years. I am also a proficient pianist. My years of training combined with my professional experiences allow me to provide my students with a deep knowledge and understanding of the voice. I LOVE singing and I love sharing this passion with others! I look forward to working with you.